Frequently Asked Questions
The following information from Secret Garden Bed & Breakfast is designed to provide our wedding guests with valuable information for their special day. If there is any question you have that is not answered on this page or elsewhere on our site, please don’t hesitate to ask! Call us at 970-596-3730.
- How Many Guests can Secret Garden Accommodate? Up to 200 in our gardens.
- Wedding Site Fee: Our site fee is $1,500.
- What does this cover? Your site fee includes use of the entire garden level of our spacious bed & breakfast, including the five bedrooms, living and dining room and the expanse of our outdoor grounds. As check-in begins at 3:00 p.m., we recommend that our wedding clients take the B&B rooms the night prior to your event at our normal room rates ($620). Additionally, you have use of our china, crystal and silverware (includes over 200 place settings) and whatever you wish to use of our tables, chairs and linens. Check-out is at noon the day after the wedding.
- What should I budget for catering for my wedding? As catering costs depend entirely on your culinary preferences and number of guests, we will provide you with more detailed estimates as we talk about your specific requests. However, our couples tend to spend in the range of $35-$40, plus the mandatory 7.9% state sales tax per person for food, including hors d’oeuvres, a main course with two entree selections and side dishes. Please note: Secret Garden is a full-service caterer and as such is unable to honor requests to bring in outside food from any other sources.
- Can you custom create a menu for my wedding guests? As your wedding at Secret Garden should be as unique as your love, we meet personally with every wedding client regarding their event menu. There are no two menus alike at Secret Garden and each is custom-crafted for your event. If you have family traditions, special requests, or guests with specific culinary needs, we have over 35 years of menu planning experience that will make your day nothing short of delectable.
- Can Secret Garden provide my wedding cake? Certainly! We are delighted to provide a wedding cake baked-to-order for your special day for an additional fee ($3-5 per guest is a good estimate). Just let us know your thoughts and we’ll make your confectionery dreams come true.
- Can you provide wait staff for my Ouray wedding? Of course. We’ll professionally staff your event. Servers receive $20 per hour. For our average event, servers work 6-7 hours, therefore a budget of approximately $120-$140 per server is a good estimate. We prefer to staff our wedding events with one wait staff per eight to ten guests to ensure that your day moves along seamlessly.
- I’d like to serve alcohol at my wedding – can Secret Garden assist with this? Secret Garden does not hold a liquor license and our guests must provide their own liquor. This offers many advantages including personal preference as well as cost control for our wedding clients. As all your guests would be invited and the party is not open to the public, no permitting is required for us to serve your liquor to your guests. We have wonderful bartenders and wait staff who will serve your guests throughout the day and evening.
- We love to dance! And Secret Garden loves dancers! There is a lovely covered deck for you and your guests to enjoy whatever music or live entertainment your day might bring.
- What other services can Secret Garden provide? We are delighted to help you with referrals for all of the other services you will need to create the perfect wedding, such as liquor, flowers, music, photography, jeeps rentals, and carriage rides. We even have babysitters! Visit our Favorite Vendors page for more details.
- Additional Events? Many couples opt to host their Rehearsal Dinner at Secret Garden as well as their Farewell Breakfast the morning after the Big Day. As no extra site fee is required, your additional costs only relate to catering. This is a great way to make your site fee go even farther and your wedding more affordable.
- Contracts: A written acknowledgement of the site fee serves as your pre-contract; an agreement that you will have Secret Garden for your wedding. A more complete contract, outlining all the details and expectations, will follow when the menu is finalized and all agreements have made.
- Reservation and Cancellation Policy: The payment of your $1,500 site fee reserves your date at the Secret Garden. Should Cancellation be necessary, we will refund your entire site fee if the cancellation is requested no more than 30 days after booking our site. As many weddings are booked one year out, we will likely have lost the opportunity to book another event.